[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4 (fs) -> 1.5 (dafs) migration

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:45:57 -0500

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:05:37 +0200
Gémes Géza <geza@kzsdabas.hu> wrote:

> We currently have a small cell (2 db and file-servers
> (1.4.7.dfsg1-6+lenny1), ~50 volumes). But plan to move the user home
> dirs to afs resulting in >1000 volumes. Being afraid of the fs based
> startup times we decided to move to a 1.5 based dafs prior to complete
> the data migration to afs.

Just as a note, you definitely want at least 1.5.75, and I think
preferably 1.5.76, since the names of the DAFS binaries change in
1.5.75.

Or ideally, there should be some release candidates for the 1.6 series
available soon, if you can wait for them.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net