[OpenAFS] afsmonitor segfault

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:06:06 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM,  <lists@drewstud.com> wrote:
> I am using openafs 1.4.11 .

That's not the greatest of ideas, but I doubt it's the problem.

> I want to gather statistics and if I do not specify the -output flag, afsmonitor works fine. However when I call:
> afsmonitor -fshosts <fqdn> -output stats.txt
> It segfaults
> http://pastebin.com/MDpUW7ww
>
> Am I calling it with the wrong?

I don't have anything as old as 1.4.11, and I'm not going to install
it. However I'd venture it's either
1) a bug we fixed, probably in the 1.5 series in git commit
2) a bug we didn't fix which only occurs when (a server is down, some
similar situation)
3) do you perchance have 64 bit machines at one or both ends, and
perhaps we have some non-64-bit-safe handling in the code?

(It works in the basic test case I fired off using your command; I'll
try to poke later, but still not with 1.4.11, which is obsolete)