[OpenAFS] is this what windows folks call "integrated login"?

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:58:43 -0400

 On 08/23/10 12:41, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>> For afs, I configure it via the oASF preference panel such that it
>> does not start at book. When I want to run AFS, I turn it on via the
>> same preferences panel. The only time it's really an issue is when
>> you're cold-booting the laptop. Once it's up and has successfully
>> started AFS, you can be detatched with only minor irritations when you
>> forget a file is in AFS and have to wait for the timeout.
> Mine runs AFS on every boot. Net or no. If you get over any aversion
> you might have to dynroot, it just works. You can't access content
> over the net when there's no net. This is pretty much exactly how
> you'd guess a network filesystem works.
>
> Dynroot doesn't time out. AFS mounts, boot continues, life goes on.
Do you have integrated login?
If so, does that time out, or does it just see that no server is within
reach, and fallover to local login gracefully?

I first did my setups without/before dynroot.  I've since added dynroot,
but never revisited the timeout issue.

--
Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.