[OpenAFS] Re: is this what windows folks call "integrated login"? (but with local hashed password)

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:32:57 +0000

Dale Pontius <pontius@btv.ibm.com> writes:
> Be very careful of an integrated login on a laptop.

I think this might be where Windows "integrated login" and what I'm
looking for are different.

My laptop has a local copy of my password in hashed form, so it can let
me log in even when there's no network access.  I just want it to spawn
a separate background thread that tries to get tickets for me.  If I'm
not on the network it's no big deal; I won't care that I have no tickets
because I won't be able to do anything with them.

  - a