[OpenAFS] problem starting openafs-client in ubuntu 10.04

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:24:17 -0500

--0016367fb0270564e80496867cf2

do you have dynroot enabled? consider enabling it?

--
Derrick

--0016367fb0270564e80496867cf2

do you have dynroot enabled? consider enabling it?<br><br><div class=3D"gma=
il_quote">On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:21 PM, e c <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
e=3D"font: inherit;" valign=3D"top">Hi guys,<br><br>I&#39;m having problems=
 running openafs-client on my desktop. I installed it using &quot;sudo apt-=
get install openafs-client&quot;, and when I try &quot;sudo service openafs=
-client start&quot; it just shows:<br>
g is, I was able to install and run openafs-client following exactly the sa=
me steps above on my macbook with exactly the same ubuntu version (64-bit 1=
0.04), same linux kernel (2.6.32-25-generic). <br>
wired connection for either one, and when I unplug it from the macbook and =
try to run openafs-client, it gives an error message of &quot;No existing I=
P interfaces...&quot;. When I unplug from the desktop system, there&#39;s n=
o such error message, it only shows the same &quot;Starting AFS services:.&=
quot;. And when using my macbook I can get full
 AFS functionality with my college server.<br><br>Also, I have tried instal=
ling openafs-client in other ways that involved building some modules, such=
 as (<a href=3D"http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3D1279096" target=
=3D"_blank">http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3D1279096</a>) and (<a=
 href=3D"http://bobcares.com/blog/?p=3D501" target=3D"_blank">http://bobcar=
es.com/blog/?p=3D501</a>) =A0 Before each new attempt I would completely re=
move any traces of open-afs using complete removal in synaptic and manual d=
eletion of openafs files in the terminal.<br>
S services:.&quot;)<br>sudo service openafs-client force-reload (&quot;Stop=
ping AFS services:afsd: Shutting down all afs processes and afs state&quot;=
)<br>
sudo service openafs-client stop (&quot;Stopping AFS services:afsd: Shuttin=
g down all afs processes and afs state&quot;)<br><br>all stall at the given=
 message shown in brackets. The inability to stop openafs has also caused m=
y ubuntu to be unable to restart or shutdown, stalling at that message. <br=