[OpenAFS] Using Russ' krenew on OS X?

Booker Bense bbense@slac.stanford.edu
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:42:16 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Eric Chris Garrison wrote:

> I'm guess I'm either just doing it wrong or there's something odd about
> Mac OS X... there's another method for renewing tickets and tokens in
> Claudio Bisegni's AFS Commander for Mac, but I'm told that's not working
> for the user I'm working on this for, either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

By default OSX uses a special memory cached kerberos ticket API
which is per user, not per process or process group. Any chance the user is
logging out and the ticket gets destroyed?

Also AFS tokens are per user on OS X as well.

I would try playing around with KRB5CCNAME to see if you can
keep the ticket for the long running job.

- Booker C. Bense