[OpenAFS] Re: Bash fails to execute on login

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:27:48 +0100

Quoting Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>:

> Well, as you said, the shell problem was because you were running dash.
> This suggests the NSS data is just wrong (your login shell is configured
> to /bin/sh instead of e.g. /bin/bash), which doesn't really have much to
> do with AFS.

True, but at least it's fixed now. Now for that home dir problem...

> What does 'getent passwd <username>' say? ...

    jwinius:*:10000:10000:Jaap:/jwinius:

So that's it: the home dir string was all wrong!

> Are you getting your passwd information from LDAP or somewhere else?

 From LDAP. Obviously, something went wrong with my kladmin script
when the LDAP uid objects were created for the account.

My apologies to you and the list, since this had nothing to do with
AFS, but thanks very much for helping me figure it out anyway! :-)

Cheers,

Jaap