[OpenAFS] Re: Compiling openafs 1.4.12.1 SRPM on Red Hat EL 6

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:09:45 -0500

On 12/13/2010 11:28 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:56:53 -0500
> Rich Sudlow<rich@nd.edu>  wrote:
>
>> What is the magic incantation for compiling openafs 1.4.12.1
>> SRPM on Red Hat 6?
> You cannot build a RHEL 6 SRPM from 1.4.12.1 vanilla. You need[0] to
> apply the patches from these two commits:
>
> <http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=commit;h=41040638e23be43e260f79a4694df528244ef38b>
> <http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=commit;h=c2eba9d57adc79b05165fc8aebaf751ea89282f5>
>
> And from there it should be possible to generate an SRPM like normal,
> and it should build on RHEL6.
At one point I thought I heard something about a 1.4.12.2 that would
build on all platforms, including RHEL 6.  It obviously hasn't appeared,
at least not yet.  Will it appear, or is the plan to go straight to 1.6?
>> Also is OpenAFS 1.6 coming from 1.4 or 1.5?
> 1.5.
>
> [0] Only the first one is technically necessary, but it requires some
> additional finagling to work unless you apply both of them.

Is there a timeframe for 1.6, especially if there will be no 1.4.12.2?
(I'm currently running RHLE6 with a locally patched 1.4.12.1.)

Dale Pontius

--
Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.