[OpenAFS] Re: Serving AFS to Windows boxes w/o OpenAFS client (Samba)?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:13:30 -0600

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:35:19 -0500
omalleys@msu.edu wrote:

> You used to be able to do straight krb5 auth in samba like 3.0.12 or
> so was the first version to support it and if you want me to look
> -somewhere- I have a link for the "how-to".  Then you could probably
> do the preexec to get the token. I never actually thought about that
> part. The krb5 piece worked. I tested that a long while ago like
> 3.0.24ish.

Samba can do krb5 auth, but you would need the client to forward
tickets, too, in order to get tokens. I find it less likely that Samba
can do that, but I do not really know; maybe it can.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net