[OpenAFS] Preferred way to do backup? [Was] Re: best way to control "butc" tape host process?

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:50:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I may be misremembering here, but my recollection of the current Amanda and Bacula solutions is that they are somewhat primitive, e.g., compared with TiBs or TSM integrations.  (I think Russ has talked a not infrequently about further work on Bacula integration would be desirable.)

Someone should mention that Michigan has built some kind of infrastructure around incremental volume shadowing, which should be a pretty efficient approach given what OpenAFS gives you to work with...  I don't know how you go about getting/using that (if if you can)...

Matt