[OpenAFS] kernel crashes with 1.4.12.1, linux kernel 2.6.35.9 (F14) and file locks?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 18 Dec 2010 08:59:49 -0500

If it's the setlock (not the unlock) it's a lock upgrade from shared
to exclusive, as that's the only
osi_FreeSmallSpace in the code for locking rather than unlocking. Not
immediately obvious to me
why.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth
<leo@strike.wu.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since upgrading to F14, I am experiencing regular kernel crashes which
> all have similar backtraces. (See the attached kernel messages.)
>
> The running userspace process is always wavparseXXX:sink (gstreamer). It
> looks like all of the the crashes are triggered by gstreamer trying to
> acquire an advisory lock (fcntl SETLK) on a file that resides in my AFS
> home when playing a sound.
>
> Does anyone experience similar problems and is there a known fix availabl=
e?

> Thanks,
> --leo
>
> P.S.: I am using 1.4.12.1 on the FC14 PAE kernels 2.6.35.9-64.fc14.i686
> and 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.i686.
>
> --
> e-mail =A0 ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu.ac.at
> fax =A0 =A0 =A0::: +43-1-31336-906050
> location ::: IT-Services | Vienna University of Economics | Austria

--=20
Derrick