[OpenAFS] kernel crashes with 1.4.12.1, linux kernel 2.6.35.9 (F14) and file locks?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:59:50 +0000

<leo@strike.wu.ac.at>=20
>>> The running userspace process is always wavparseXXX:sink =
(gstreamer). It
>>> looks like all of the the crashes are triggered by gstreamer trying =
>>> acquire an advisory lock (fcntl SETLK) on a file that resides in my =
AFS
>>> home when playing a sound.
>>=20
>> Do you have evidence that this is happening when locks are being
>> acquired, or are you assuming this from the presence of fcntl_setlk64
>> in the stack trace?
>=20
> I am assuming it, because of the stack.

Okay. Sadly, the fcntl setlk64 operation both acquires, and releases, =
locks, so it means we can't really draw any conclusion from that.

What would be helpful is if you could turn on fs trace, and get a log of =
all of the file operations that gstreamer (and child processes) are =
doing on that file leading up to the crash. See 'man fstrace' for =
details of how to use that command.

Cheers,

Simon.