[OpenAFS] Re: Serving AFS to Windows boxes w/o OpenAFS client (Samba)?

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:00:11 -0500

Thanks for all of the replies.

I would like to document the various methods as I am investigating
this.

 From Samba 3.5.6 configure:

--with-afs

     Kerberos v4 auth via native AFS libs.

     Requires cleartext SMB password.

     Useful, albeit insecure, no less than 5+ years ago.

--with-fake-kaserver

     What the heck is this?  I know what fakeka is.  I don't
     know enough to make sense of the spots where I find
     WITH_FAKE_KASERVER defined in the Samba source.

     Is this support for authenticating only to a fakeka, which
     as I understand it would gain you Kerberos v5 using crappy
     old enctypes?

     If so, that would mean it's useless for those not running
     (or wanting to run) fakeka.  We don't.

kimpersonate

     Haven't even looked into it yet.  Will, and will doc.