[OpenAFS] Custom MSI Question

Hugh Caldwell hcaldwell@usgs.gov
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:35:55 -0500

--=_alternative 005B229C852576BD_=

Hello,

I've been tasked with creating a custom msi for our organization and have
a question that I'm hoping the list can help me with.

Basically I need to disable integrated authentication. I've discovered
that setting the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\NetworkProvider\LogonOptions=dword:00000000
disables the integrated authentication but a log on window still appears
when the users log on to the workstation. Toggling "Obtain AFS tokens when
logging into Windows" in the afs_config app stops this behavior. Could
someone tell me what settings are being adjusted by the check box in the
afs_config app?

If that isn't clear this is the behavior that I'm seeing.

Create and install an msi with the Logon Option set to 0.
Logon to windows and the afs logon window pops up.
Go into afs_config and enable the "Optain AFS tokens" checkbox.
Log off and back on and get an authentication error.
Go into afs_config and disable the "Optain AFS tokens" checkbox
Log off and back on and no window pops up. This is the behavior that I
would like to have when my msi is first installed.

Thanks,

Hugh Caldwell
Astor & Sanders
EWeb Systems Administrator
United States Geological Survey
 703-648-6812 (Office)
 703-598-3472 (Cellular)
hcaldwell@usgs.gov
Room 2C123B

--=_alternative 005B229C852576BD_=

msi for our organization and have a question that I'm hoping the list can
help me with.</font>
authentication. I've discovered that setting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\NetworkProvider\LogonOptions=dword:00000000</font>
but a log on window still appears when the users log on to the workstation.
Toggling &quot;Obtain AFS tokens when logging into Windows&quot; in the
afs_config app stops this behavior. Could someone tell me what settings
are being adjusted by the check box in the afs_config app?</font>
that I'm seeing.</font>
Option set to 0.</font>
pops up.</font>
AFS tokens&quot; checkbox.</font>
error.</font>
AFS tokens&quot; checkbox</font>
up. This is the behavior that I would like to have when my msi is first
installed.</font>
Hugh Caldwell<br>
Astor &amp; Sanders<br>
EWeb Systems Administrator<br>