[OpenAFS] Re: advice on troubleshooting blocked cache manager on MacOS?

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Sat, 06 Feb 2010 22:01:44 +0000

Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> writes:
> Ok, so, can you gather rxdebug (hungclient) 7001 and perhaps a couple
> minutes of tcpdump -s 1500 -n -w /tmp/packets host (hungclient) and
> port 7001 at this point?  (specify an ethernet interface with -i if
> it's not the default that's your upstream)

I can't predict when the hangs will happen, so I can't start the tcpdump
until it's already hung.  Is this still going to be useful?  If so, I
will gather the data you request.

By the way, I tried upgrading to 1.5.71 which -- except for the issue
I'm just about to post -- has been really great.  The blocking issue has
not happened yet (although I've only been using it a week), and "fs
precache" is a godsend for streaming media -- works beautifully.

  - a