[OpenAFS] Question about DNS Names

Jörg Herzinger joerg.herzinger@global2000.at
Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:17:08 +0100

--_=_swift_v4_12661642284b782204d6c10_=_

I am planning a small OpenAFS setup for an environmental care
organi=
zation and I got some small questions about DNS names that
should be=
 used.
Everything is behind a NAT Firewall and we got a local DNS Se=
rver
that isnt caching. So I got my local ip 192.168.x.y with my loc=
al DNS
name "afs" and the global ip "a.b.c.d" and "afs.mydomain.com"=
. The
local DNS has a custom suffix which i am planning to change to=

mydomain.at some time in the future but one step at a time.
My =
question would be if it is possible to use the local DNS names for
m=
y AFS server and still connect from outside my firewall? What would
b=
e the correct CellServDB and NetInfo settings or do I need a NetInfo=

at all if I just use local IPs and DNS Names?

t=
ia,
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 J=C3=B6rg Herzinger

P.S.: Please =
give support for the Nokia N900. That would be the most
awesome thing=
 to think of. :D

--_=_swift_v4_12661642284b782204d6c10_=_

I am planning a small OpenAFS setup for an environmental care organizati=
on and I got some small questions about DNS names that should be used.<b=
r>Everything is behind a NAT Firewall and we got a local DNS Server that=
 isnt caching. So I got my local ip 192.168.x.y with my local DNS name "=
afs" and the global ip "a.b.c.d" and "afs.mydomain.com". The local DNS h=
as a custom suffix which i am planning to change to mydomain.at some tim=
e in the future but one step at a time.<br>My question would be if it is=
 possible to use the local DNS names for my AFS server and still connect=
 from outside my firewall? What would be the correct CellServDB and NetI=
nfo settings or do I need a NetInfo at all if I just use local IPs and D=
S.: Please give support for the Nokia N900. That would be the most aweso=
me thing to think of. :D<br>

--_=_swift_v4_12661642284b782204d6c10_=_--