[OpenAFS] Removing the ability to change the PAG of the parent

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:21:55 -0800

"Mike Coyne" <Mike.Coyne@PACCAR.com> writes:

> What also may be nice if if libkopenafs along with the wrappers can be
> made to compile stand alone so it could be more easly be linked and
> distributed to possibly systems with out afs installed, similary to the
> libkafs.a in your kstart package but with out the requirement for afs to
> be pre-installed for some non-linux systems ?

In order to make libkopenafs standalone, we would have to significantly
redo how libsys works and probably drop support for the NFS translator in
it, since the NFS translator pulls in most of Rx.

I've thought about producing a standalone version of what I do for
pam-afs-session and kstart, although it only works well on Linux and still
requires AFS headers for other platforms (and doesn't work on IRIX and AIX
at all).

The best way to get a standalone version is to just use Heimdal and their
libkafs, although that pulls in all of Heimdal.