[OpenAFS] Removing the ability to change the PAG of the parent

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:03:22 -0500

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Mike Coyne <Mike.Coyne@paccar.com> wrote:
> Maybe something as simple as adding a build option to the openafs configu=
re --with-libkopenafs-only compile and link only the objs that you need som=
ething like what goes into libsys.a currently, that way it would stay in sy=
nc with the distribution.

That's actually a quite reasonable idea (though some people who'd want
to use libkopenafs as part of another project might not care for it)

> In thinking of a problem I am currently working on, I have been having pr=
oblems getting header files from SGI for a older Altix running SuSe, So I c=
an't build openafs for it. It does have a old copy of Hidemal on it and a l=
ibkafs.a , if I link against that and finaly get 1.4.11 up and running will=
 that create a incompatibility with the "new in 1.4.11" =A0linux PAG handel=
ing? If so is there a version of libkopenafs that can be build with 1.4.11 =
, if not maybe use Russ Allbery's =A0compatibility package in kstart?

It's conceivable your Heimdal is old enough to not work with the afs
syscall replacement we use, but the PAG handling is kernel-internal,
so either it will work or not.