[OpenAFS] Current OpenAFS Backup Recommendations

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:23:53 -0500

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:41:34AM +0100, Holger Rauch wrote:

> Thanks for elaborating. What would then be the best solution to write
> backuppc4afs's backup store to tape (taking into account that I have a
> HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 autoloader equipped with two Ultrium 920/960
> tape drives for LTO3 tapes)?

> I'm thinking about using Bacula in order to write disk based backups
> to tape(s). Any comments/other suggestions provided that I'd follow
> the backuppc4afs path?

I don't know what the best solution would be; probably whatever you're
already running and know how to use :).   There's nothing crazy about
backuppc4afs's disk storage.

I don't know bacula but i've heard reasonable things about it.

danno
--
Dan Pritts, Sr. Systems Engineer
Internet2

Winter 2010 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
Hosted by the University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT
January 31 - February 4, 2010
http://events.internet2.edu/2010/jt-slc/