[OpenAFS] Localized (non en_US version) of 1.5.68 for Windows available?

Holger Rauch holger.rauch@empic.de
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:50:18 +0100

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Hi,

I downloaded version 1.5.68 for Win and tried to install it on a Win
XP Professional SP3 system (32bit).

The install of the required KfW 3.2.2 went smoothly and I can also use
it for passwordless SSH logins via a PuTTY with GSSAPI support.

However, as soon as I checked the three recommended hotfixes I
realized that at least one of them (the first one mentioned) doesn't
install on a German Win XP system (reason is that some language files
are missing since the hotfix contains only files for the English
locale(s) ). Are these hotfixes really required and, if so, how to
deal with non-English Win XP installations?

Furthermore, I tried to install OpenAFS 1.5.68 and got an error
message that the loopback adapter could not be created (unfortunately,
no additional explanation was given). I suppose that
this may also be some language/locale-related problem since the names
of network interfaces vary between the different localized Windows
versions, though I might be wrong. How can I get further information as
to why the creation of the loopback adapter is failing? Is this a known
problem? Does it also occur on English versions of Win XP?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thnaks in advance.

Kind regards,

     Holger

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--