[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS] howto release all projects by cron

Alena Manova nymano@seznam.cz
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:12:00 +0100 (CET)

> Od: Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at>
> Předmět: Re: [OpenAFS] howto release all projects by cron
> Datum: 25.1.2010 14:57:38
>
> Alena Manova wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > does anyone have some clue how to release all volumes proj.* period=
ically
> using the BOS cron?
> >
> > If 'vos release' took something like -prefix (similar to backupsys)=
 I could
> release all project easily, but 'vos release'  doesn't work like this=
. so I need
> to iterate through all proj.* volumes.
> >
> > I would like to have it as BOS cron job without calling some extern=
al scripts,
> so I tried something like this:
> >
> > bos create <myserver> releaseproj cron -cmd "/bin/bash -c 'for volu=
me in
> \$(/usr/sbin/vos listvldb -quiet | grep proj); do /usr/sbin/vos relea=
se \$volume
> -localauth; done'" "10:49"
> >
> > it creates nice record (which should work) in BosConfig:
> >
> > parm /bin/bash -c 'for volume in $(/usr/sbin/vos listvldb -quiet | =
grep proj);
> do /usr/sbin/vos release $volume -localauth; done'
> >
> > but it doesn't work - seems like the cron-inline_bash interaction f=
ails.

> > any ideas?
>
> I created a few shell scripts and just start those shell scripts from=

> bos config.
> In those bash scripts I just run:
> for i in `vos listvldb -quiet -localauth|grep -i "user\."`;do vos
> release -id $i -localauth; done
>
> That will vos release user\.*

Thanks Lars, I tried this already, however I would prefer solution without calling external scripts, so that's why I wished to put everything in the bos cron itself.

the problem must be in bos cron cmd line interpretation:

this works fine:

bos create <mysrv> releaseproj cron -cmd "/bin/bash -c '/bin/ls'" "now"

but this fails (added parameter to the ls command):

bos create <mysrv> releaseproj cron -cmd "/bin/bash -c '/bin/ls /tmp'" "now"
(Mon Jan 25 14:08:02 2010: releaseproj exited with code 2)

so bos cron is corrupting the cmd line and bash crashes.

stepan.