[OpenAFS] Re: advice on troubleshooting blocked cache manager on MacOS?

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:30:54 +0000

Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> writes:
>>  Lock afs_xvcache status: (none_waiting, write_locked(pid:11013
>> at:335))

Ah, so I am to interpret the thing after the comma as the name of a
function somewhere within the openafs source code.  Knowing that helps a
lot!

> assuming you're not running disconnected and actively trying to
> disconnect,

Correct.

> So then the question is why FlushVCBs is blocking you. well, you said
> you had multihomed fileservers.

To be completely precise, one of my fileservers is a machine with two IP
addresses, with a one-line NetInfo file.  By "multihomed" did you mean
"on a machine with two public IPs" or "the AFS server somehow knows
about both IPs"?

> RXAFS_GiveUpCallBacks is called here. you didn't perchance grab
> rxdebug output for the client at this point?

Sorry, no; I will do that next time.

> could we address this? yes! how? well, i suppose we could on network
> events (macos has support for this) and when a new server is
> discovered, probe all addresses, so any unreachable addresses are
> marked down in advance.

How do I ask the cache manager to tell me what IPs it thinks a
particular server has?

  - a