[OpenAFS] advice on troubleshooting blocked cache manager on MacOS?

Kevin Sumner kevin.sumner@gmail.com
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:15:58 -0500

I recall having this problem on some Solaris 9 boxes once upon a time
at a previous job.  Turns out, those machines' CellServDBs had some
stale entries and -fakestat wasn't enabled.  Any time you'd open
something like a "Save As" or "Open" dialog, the process would hang
for 30+ seconds while trying to stat /afs, then /afs/cell.name, then
/afs/cell.name/home, etc. all the way down to the current directory.
IIRC, limiting the cellservdb to list just cells we knew were alive
and people actually used on those machines helped... a lot.

I have no idea if this is at all related to what you are seeing (esp.
since they were different platform and running 1.2.x), but it could be
a lead you might want to investigate.

Just my two cents.

Cheers!
Kevin