[OpenAFS] Quick question: OpenAFS 1.4.8 to 1.4.12

Claudio Prono claudio.prono@atpss.net
Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:06:35 +0200

Hello all,

I have upgraded openafs from version 1.4.8 to 1.4.12 on OpenSuSE 11.0
(is a test machine). The upgrade seems to works, but i have a problem
with the OpenAFS Client. When i try to start this, with the same
configuration working before the upgrade, it gives to me an error:

afs-test:~ # rcopenafs-client start
Starting OpenAFS Client
afsd: can't set cache blocks and dcache size simultaneously when diskless.
                                                                     failed
What is the meaning of this error? Naturally, the server from a windows
PC works correctly, but locally i can't access to the AFS partition.

Any hint for me?

Cheers,

Claudio Prono.

Claudio Prono                         OPST
System Developer
                                      Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl                              Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17                Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY                  http://atpss.net/disclaimer
PGP Key - http://keys.atpss.net/c_prono.asc