[OpenAFS] user home directory replication

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:49:02 +0100

On 14 Jul 2010, at 19:04, Thomas Kula wrote:
>=20
> My only concern with this thing would be having users that are
> crafty enough to know that they can mount some other volume=20
> in their home directory, but who haven't picked up on that
> since they've mounted it under a forced r/w path they will
> wander into the r/w version of anything under what they've
> mounted, instead of what they are probably expecting.

If a mount point within a cell is accessed in a rw volume, then the rw =
version will always be chosen, regardless of whether the containing =
volume is forced r/w, or just chosen because only a rw is available. So, =
the behaviour doesn't change at all in this case.

The admin guide has a pretty good description of the cache manager =
volume selection algorithm at =
http://docs.openafs.org/AdminGuide/ch05s07.html#HDRWQ209

Cheers,

Simon.