[OpenAFS] Re: pts create cross realm users

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:07:00 -0500

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:06:03 +0200
Gunnar Krull <gklists@cs.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> In the prdb.DB0 database file I can only find entries in form of
> "username@foreigncell". That would not exceed the 63 characters limit
> with long names. The local cell name is not part of the database
> entries.

In case it wasn't clear from the other part of the thread, it is a bug
that you were not able to create foreign entries that long. You are
still prevented from making local entries that long, since doing so
would break registering those entries in other cells.

If you want a fix right now and don't want to wait, there is a patch
here to fix this (gerrit 2485):
<http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=56d93434ed57db3736cd992c151cfe47ba920c2d>

Note that that's only lightly tested on the 1.5 branch, and hasn't seen
review from other developers yet, etc etc. But if you want to try it out
(it should work on 1.4), there it is.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net