[OpenAFS] Windows: aklog: ktc 7 (11862791) while obtaining tokens

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:48:14 +0200

On 30.07.2010 17:55, Richard Brittain wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>=20
>> * There is a bug in Windows that will prevent
>>  access to \\AFS after an IP address has
>>  been removed or assigned after boot.  When
>>  the bug is triggered, all attempts to connect
>>  to \\AFS will result in a "Bad Network Name"
>>  error.  Please reproduce this issue locally
>>  and submit bug reports to Microsoft. .............. below
>> """
>=20
> For what it's worth, we now have two examples of "Windows 7 Enterprise"
> (32-bit) systems which seem to have no problem at all accessing AFS
> after an address change (typically 2 minutes needed to re-establish
> access after a change).  We also have one example of "Windows 7
> Professional" which clearly follows the pattern described above.

We got 2 Win 7 Enterprise laptops, one does work, another does not. Both
are 32 bit.

But in general: the working windows 7 systems are very very low in count
in our lab.

> Richard

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723