[OpenAFS] Any budding documentation writers

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:05:31 +0000

At one time, the OpenAFS users guide ( http://doc.openafs.org/UserGuide/index.html
  ) was a great place for new users of AFS to get started. It lays out
the principles of AFS clearly, and guides users around many of the
pitfalls they might encounter.

However, it has rotted badly. It's stuck in the Kerberos v4 world of
'klog', and needs updating to the present day. The source is in
docbook format (although it's already marked up, so docbook knowledge
isn't really required), and is in our git repository at doc/xml/
UserGuide/

Anyone interested in volunteering to do some editing on this? All you
need is a little bit of AFS knowledge, and a text editor. I'm happy to
help with any questions you might have about getting the source so you
can edit it, and pushing it back into gerrit.

Thanks in advance,

Simon.