[OpenAFS] Any budding documentation writers

Booker Bense bbense@slac.stanford.edu
Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:31:26 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> At one time, the OpenAFS users guide (
> http://doc.openafs.org/UserGuide/index.html ) was a great place for new users
> of AFS to get started. It lays out the principles of AFS clearly, and guides
> users around many of the pitfalls they might encounter.
>
> However, it has rotted badly. It's stuck in the Kerberos v4 world of 'klog',
> and needs updating to the present day. The source is in docbook format
> (although it's already marked up, so docbook knowledge isn't really
> required), and is in our git repository at doc/xml/UserGuide/

I've volunteered to take a poke at this and I'm using these
guidelines.

1. Replace references to klog, with the kinit and aklog pair of
commands.

2. Delete all references to AFS enabled remote commands and
replace with references to equivalent OpenSSH commands where
appropriate.

3. Where "login" is used, replace with references to pam modules.

_ Booker C. Bense