[OpenAFS] Re: Sysname info without OpenAFS built yet?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:41:52 -0600

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 13:21:39 -0500
Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:

> Just trying to avoid duplicated effort.  Does anyone have
> a script that uses native OS tools to spit out a solid
> guess at the sysname for the box?
>
> I need this for an automated build + install script
> so that I know what directory 'make dest' has built
> into.

You need this _before_ the build? Because afterwards, it's easy; just
shell glob */dest/.

> If nobody has written one, I will.

If you don't care about linux, this isn't too hard. You just need
config.guess, and you can get the sysname from the same logic that's in
acinclude.m4, I think (look for 'your AFS sysname'). If you need linux,
it's a bit more involved, but the logic is also in that file.

> Other ideas?

Alternatively, it would be easy to have the build process create a
symlink that always has the same name to point to the sysname dir.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net