[OpenAFS] Question about AFSIDAT files

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:53:01 -0600

We had a SAN hiccup yesterday, and our AFS file servers had a few issues
recovering from it.  They're Solaris 10 systems with ZFS as the underlying
filesystems for /vicep*.  All of our volumes are now back online, but I see
the following when I look at the zpool status -v output:

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        /vicepb/AFSIDat/Z/ZYGNg=/+/4/kl+++YmB

The file does exist:

# ls -l /vicepb/AFSIDat/Z/ZYGNg=/+/4/kl+++YmB
----------   1 adm      root     16190397 Mar  5 18:03 /vicepb/AFSIDat/Z/ZYGNg=/+/4/kl+++YmB

Is there a way to map that file to a volume?  I'd like to know if the file
server fixed whatever error it is, or if I have a bad file out there.  The
vos listvol output shows all volumes on-line.

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Sebby  (sebby@anl.gov)  |  Infrastructure and Operation Services
Phone: +1 630.252.9935        |  Computing and Information Systems