[OpenAFS] OpenAFS for Windows 1.5.72, Windows 7, VPN session killing

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 06:51:01 -0500

On 3/12/2010 11:01 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 3/12/2010 10:44 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> As soon as I try to authenticate to AFS with the 1.5.72
>> Windows client running on a Windows 7 box, my Cisco VPN
>> session dies.
>>
>> I have to assume the 2 loopback adapters (VPN and AFS)
>> are stomping on each other, but don't know how to fix that
>> if it's the case.
>>
>> Any advice?
>
> Assuming you are correct and the problem is the Microsoft Loopback
> Adapter, the bug would be either in the Cisco VPN Client or the
> Microsoft Loopback Adapter.  It would not be an issue with OpenAFS
> because we do not develop that software and do not modify the network
> driver stack within the kernel.
>
> You can attempt to verify that the problem is the Microsoft Loopback
> Adapter interaction by disabling the OpenAFS Service and attempt to
> replicate the issue.  If it still occurs, you can disable (or uninstall)

Jeffrey,

I've been using the VPN software on this box with no problems
for 2 weeks now.

I finally got around to installing OpenAFS + KfW yesterday.

After installing OpenAFS + KfW, it continues to work fine until
I tickle OpenAFS, at which point the VPN session drops.