[OpenAFS] multiplt kernel call traces

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:45:27 +0000

On 15 Mar 2010, at 13:35, ematlis@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm getting many, but I mean, many call traces with openafs on my =
Fedora 12 x86_64 system running recent kernels.  I've included one =
below.  Is this a real kernel crash, and if so, is there a fix for this? =
 Or is it harmless?

This is the IMA problem that's popped up here in the past, and is being =
tracked by RT #125704

These aren't ooopses or panics - they're simply calls to dump_stack(). =
The main problem with them is that they can significantly slow down your =
machine - you'll get one output for every file in your cache directory =
upon startup, and you'll probably also see them in normal operation. =
Sadly, this is a problem with the Linux kernel that we can't fix - the =
IMA interface in 2.6.31 and 2.6.32 is broken, and unusable by out of =
tree filesystems. The interface has been completely redesigned in =
2.6.33.

You can fix this if you're prepared to rebuild your kernel, and disable =
the CONFIG_IMA option.

Hope that helps,

Simon.