[OpenAFS] Request for Assistance with OpenAFS - AIX v6.1 build attempt fails with .yylex undefined symbol

Kieffer, Catherine Catherine.Kieffer@spirent.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:07:57 -0400

First, thank you for all your assistance so far.

That got rid of the error at the end.  I am going to have to read through=
 all the output I think.  I only need the client, so that
it wouldn't install everying into my OS, I ran this command.

make install DESTDIR=3D/home/ckieffer/afs

No root.client, and for the few files I checked, nothing to match what go=
es into /usr/vice/etc/dkload and other areas there. =20
How do  you get it to create the root.client files?

ck

-----Original Message-----
From: Derrick Brashear [mailto:shadow@gmail.com]=20
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 3:29 PM
To: Kieffer, Catherine
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Request for Assistance with OpenAFS - AIX v6.1 bui=
ld attempt fails with .yylex undefined symbol

add --disable-pam to your configure arguments.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Kieffer, Catherine
<Catherine.Kieffer@spirent.com> wrote:
> Well I guess after all the effort when I tried with C++ v7, I should ha=
ve started with a clean slate. =A0It got further with bison and fles remo=
ved,
> but still got errors.
>
> I tried with the krb option, so I think I will try again leaving it out=
 to see what happens. =A0by the way, I didn't see 1.4.12 available to dow=
nload yet.

=2E..removed text
> No link line for system rs_aix61.
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0/home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11/src/pinstall/pins=
tall =A0pam_afs.so.1 /home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11/lib/pam_afs.s=
o.1
> Can't open source file ``pam_afs.so.1'': No such file or directory
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
>

> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
>

> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
>

> Stop.
> [950] <root@orion> /home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11: find ./ -nam=
e "pam*" -print
> ./src/packaging/Debian/patches/pam
> ./src/pam
> ./src/pam/pam_afs.5
>

> ck

 case. =A0the bos.adt.utils does include yacc.
>> Any chance I need something set in my environment?
>>
>> [900] <root@orion> /home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11: lslpp -l bo=
s.adt.utils
>> =A0Fileset =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Level =A0State =A0=
 =A0 =A0Description
>> =A0-------------------------------------------------------------------=
---------
>> =A0bos.adt.utils =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A06.1.4.0 =A0COMMITTED =A0Ba=
se Application Development
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Utilities - lex and yacc

>> [901] <root@orion> /home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11: ls -al /usr=
/bin/yacc
>> lrwxrwxrwx =A0 =A01 bin =A0 =A0 =A0bin =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A017 N=
ov 19 15:03 /usr/bin/yacc -> /usr/ccs/bin/yacc

>> ck

nging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries=
=2E If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that a=
ny disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action ba=
sed upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbid=
den. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender =
by return e-mail and delete it from your system. If you require assistanc=
e, please contact our IT department at helpdesk@spirent.com.

>> Spirent Communications plc,
>> Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley,
>> West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
>> Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
>> Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677
>>
>> Registered in England Number 470893
>> Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10=
 9XN, United Kingdom.

>> Or if within the US,
>>
>> Spirent Communications,
>> 26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
>> Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300
>>
>> </FONT></DIV>
>>

> --
> Derrick
>
> <DIV><FONT size=3D"1">
>
> E-mail confidentiality.
> --------------------------------
> This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belon=
ging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries.=
 If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any =
disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based=
 upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden=
=2E If you have received this message in error please notify the sender b=
y return e-mail and delete it from your system. If you require assistance=
, please contact our IT department at helpdesk@spirent.com.

> Spirent Communications plc,
> Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley,
> West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
> Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
> Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677
>
> Registered in England Number 470893
> Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 =
9XN, United Kingdom.

> Or if within the US,
>
> Spirent Communications,
> 26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
> Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300
>
> </FONT></DIV>

--=20
Derrick

<DIV><FONT size=3D"1">

E-mail confidentiality.
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belongi=
ng to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. I=
[...]

Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300=20

</FONT></DIV>