[OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:48:53 -0700

ematlis@yahoo.com writes:

> Well, there's nothing in /var/log/messages either.  As for checking the
> PAM configuration for su, can you elaborate?  I'm a beginner at this, so
> you may have to provide details.

I don't know what version of Linux you're using, but as a general rule of
thumb, look in /etc/pam.d/su and make sure that it's including your shared
PAM configuration that you're thinking you're using and you don't have
some other reference to pam_afs_session in there that doesn't have the
debug line.

Failing that, well, all the evidence so far indicates that pam_afs_session
isn't being run at all for su, and hence can't be the source of your
problems.