[OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:04:17 -0700

ematlis@yahoo.com writes:

> My version of Linux is Fedora 12 x86_64.  Here is my /etc/pam.d/su:

> #%PAM-1.0
> auth		sufficient	pam_rootok.so
> # Uncomment the following line to implicitly trust users in the "wheel" group.
> #auth		sufficient	pam_wheel.so trust use_uid
> # Uncomment the following line to require a user to be in the "wheel" group.
> #auth		required	pam_wheel.so use_uid
> auth		include		system-auth
> account		sufficient	pam_succeed_if.so uid = 0 use_uid quiet
> account		include		system-auth
> password	include		system-auth
> session		include		system-auth
> session		optional	pam_xauth.so

> Since pam_afs_session.so is not listed, I'd guess you are right, and
> that is not the source of the delay.

Well, that file claims to be including system-auth for the session stack,
but according to syslog, pam_afs_session is never run.  I don't know why
that would be, given your PAM configuration, but something about this
picture isn't consistent.