[OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

Stephen Quinney stephen@jadevine.org.uk
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:35:49 +0000

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM,  <ematlis@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, there's nothing in /var/log/messages either.  As for checking the PAM configuration for su, can you elaborate?  I'm a beginner at this, so you may have to provide details.

You probably need to adjust your syslog settings, most don't log
'debug' messages by default. In rsyslog on F12 I altered
/etc/rsyslog.conf to include the following line:

*.debug                                                 /var/log/debug

after the *.info line. You then need to do "/etc/init.d/rsyslog
reload", after that messages will appear in /var/log/debug from
pam_afs_session

Stephen