[OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

ematlis@yahoo.com ematlis@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 06:41:03 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, one other data point- I should have mentioned in the very beginning tha=
t I'm actually logging into the machine in question remotely, then issuing =
the su command.  This seems to make a difference.  While I THOUGHT the prob=
lem occurred either way, now I'm finding that if I actually sit down at the=
 machine, log in via AFS, then enter su, there is no delay (and no xauth wa=
rning either) regardless of pam_xauth being in /etc/pam.d/su or not.  It's =
only when I ssh to the machine remotely, then try su that I see a delay if =
the pam_xauth line is in /etc/pam.d/su.=0A=0ASorry if this muddles things u=
p a bit....=0A=0Aeric=0A=0A--- On Thu, 3/18/10, Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl=
.navy.mil> wrote:=0A=0A> From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>=0A> Su=
bject: Re: [OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su=
=0A> To: ematlis@yahoo.com=0A> Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org=0A> Date: Thurs=
day, March 18, 2010, 8:10 AM=0A> >Just as another data point, when=0A> I tr=
y to su from a local account,=0A> >I experience no delay but /var/log/debug=
 gives exactly=0A> the same output.=0A> =0A> Humor me for a minute.=0A> =0A=
> There should be in one of your pam config files a module=0A> called "pam_=
xauth"=0A> or something similar.=A0 Try commenting it out and see=0A> if th=
at makes a=0A> difference.=0A> =0A> --Ken=0A> =0A=0A=0A