[OpenAFS] Re: significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:55:37 -0500

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:42:34 -0700
Carson Gaspar <carson@taltos.org> wrote:

> ematlis@yahoo.com wrote:
> > That doesn't seem to be working either.  Maybe there is something
> > else going on?  Notice the "X11 connection rejected" error:
>
> So I actually did some testing. Environment variables set in .ssh/rc
> are ignored by your login shell. So you either need to set XAUTHORITY
> in .ssh/environment and set PermitUserEnvironment to yes in
> sshd_config, or you need to set it in your shell login scripts
> (.bash_profile or whatever).

Or as suggested by Booker Bense, you can set it in pam_env.conf, which
will set it for both the PAM environment and your shell, won't it?

That approach also makes this work for all users, without them having to
do something special in their init scripts or .ssh/.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net