[OpenAFS] recommended hardware for new production environment

Thomas Kula kula@tproa.net
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:09:48 -0400

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 02:54:15PM -0700, Jonathan Nilsson wrote:
>    Mainly,  I  am  interested  in  finding  out  how much CPU and RAM t=
he
>    database server components of OpenAFS will take.=C2  We have donated=
 old
>    hardware  with  Dual  Intel Xeon 3.06GHz processors and 4GB DDR2 RAM=
.=C2
>    And we can also allocate a few Virtual Machines with up to 4GB memor=
y.
>    Thoughts and other feedback is much appreciated.=C2  Thanks!

In fact, probably the greatest concern is if you use any number of
virtual machines make sure the virtual hosts with the db processes
are on distinct physical machines.

--=20
Thomas L. Kula | kula@tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/