[OpenAFS] Salvager running repeatedly

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:43:48 +0200 (EET)

I have a situation on a new OpenAFS 1.4.11 server (sunx86_510; OpenAFS
compiled with Sun Studio 12) where the fileserver keeps salvaging the
partition repeatedly and does not actually start the fileserver.  It
is a namei fileserver on a ZFS partition.  The salvage logs do not
indicate any failures and I even ran salvager manually through truss
to see if it exited on an error condition, but it does not seem to
have done so but rather exited cleanly.

What is it that determines whether salvager should run when the fs trio
is started?  Do either the fileserver or the volserver log anything
by default that I could use to help figure out what is going on?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,