[OpenAFS] Salvager running repeatedly

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:25:06 -0400

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Atro Tossavainen
<atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:
>> So there's no FileLog.old that keeps being refreshed with say a
>> registration failure?
>> Because this sounds like that problem.
>
> It was that problem. =A0fileserver coredumped at startup regardless of
> what it tried to do (even a manual "fileserver -help" caused a core
> dump). =A0Upgrading from 1.4.11 to 1.4.12 allowed me to proceed, but
> I must say I'm not yet quite sure why. =A0The important thing is that
> it's live again.

I need to figure out how to add that feature for everyone (old
versions core dump after a new release until you upgrade).

Seriously, though, there was a registration handling fix in 1.4.12
which may be related though I don't know why it would have core dumped
instead of simply failing and forcing a salvage repeatedly.