[OpenAFS] Multiple problems on Windows 7 x64

Jasper Moeller mail@jasper-moeller.de
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:40:29 +0100

Hi there,

with the current releases of OpenAFS (1.5.7{2,3}00), MSI installation
fails consistently on my Win 7 machine - I'm using Windows 7 pro, x64,
german.

Installation bombs out when installing the loopback adapter - the last
message is "Could not update hosts file", then a message box pops up,
stating "Installation of Network Provider failed - System error 5".

The 32bit exe installs fine. However, it seems to be unable to read the
CellServDB file, which is definitely not empty, still the AFS control
panel claims that there is no cell configuration.

I do have installed KfW 3.2.2 x64. However, contrary to the text on the
Secure Endpoints website that states I had to install both 32 and 64 bit
MSI for x64, installation of the 64 bit version removes the 32 bit
installation (I not this does not exactly belong into this group, still
odd, though).

Also, I have an IPSec VPN tunnel configured, which may be related.
However, it makes no difference whether this connection is up or not.

'Hope someone has an idea what is going wrong
JM
--
Jasper Moeller

yWorks GmbH