[OpenAFS] IBM AFS to OpenAFS upgrade complete... problems continue

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Mon, 3 May 2010 15:23:29 +0300 (EEST)

Hello all,

I am pleased(?) to say that the SPARC Solaris 8 hosts running IBM AFS
are gone and all @ our place is now on x86_64 Solaris 10 hosts running
OpenAFS 1.4.12.

I am still experiencing kaserver database issues of the same kind as
before, with one of the boxes reporting unknown key version number.
I can't reproduce this at will.  At present, it seems to be all right,
but only on Friday one of our users couldn't change their password
because of this.

I am also experiencing new issues with clients reporting connection
timing out on AFS files, with the servers NOT going missing at any
stage as far as I can see.  In addition, the FileLog of the server
that was changed first does contain an awful lot of "VL_RegisterAddrs
rpc failed" messages:

Mon May  3 15:18:31 2010 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; The IP address exists on a different server; repair it
Mon May  3 15:18:31 2010 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; See VLLog for details

(It's now 15.22 as I write this.)

VLLog contains nothing.

All help appreciated, as always.
--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,