[OpenAFS] IBM AFS to OpenAFS upgrade complete... problems continue

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 3 May 2010 09:17:08 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Atro Tossavainen
<atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am pleased(?) to say that the SPARC Solaris 8 hosts running IBM AFS
> are gone and all @ our place is now on x86_64 Solaris 10 hosts running
> OpenAFS 1.4.12.
>
> I am still experiencing kaserver database issues of the same kind as
> before, with one of the boxes reporting unknown key version number.
> I can't reproduce this at will. =A0At present, it seems to be all right,
> but only on Friday one of our users couldn't change their password
> because of this.
>
> I am also experiencing new issues with clients reporting connection
> timing out on AFS files, with the servers NOT going missing at any
> stage as far as I can see. =A0In addition, the FileLog of the server
> that was changed first does contain an awful lot of "VL_RegisterAddrs
> rpc failed" messages:
>
> Mon May =A03 15:18:31 2010 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; The IP address ex=
ists on a different server; repair it
> Mon May =A03 15:18:31 2010 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; See VLLog for det=
ails

> (It's now 15.22 as I write this.)
>
> VLLog contains nothing.
>
> All help appreciated, as always.

If you can't turn of ka *service* can you at least migration to krb5
(one shot with afs2k5db or with Heimdal) and then run either fakeka
with an MIT kdc, or heimdal's kaserver emulation?

--=20
Derrick