[OpenAFS] Re: "group prefix doesn't match owner"

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 3 May 2010 19:59:46 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> wrote:

>>> I see. =A0Is it official AFS policy that this usage is supported?
>>
>> Which usage? I'm not sure what you're asking.
>
> Sorry, let me rephrase. =A0The following sequence of commands generates a=
> error, but appears to work -- by which I mean that it leaves me in a
> state where there is a group named "blah:booh" but no user named "blah".
>
> =A0$pts cu blah
> =A0$pts creategroup blah:booh -owner blah
> =A0$pts delete blah
> =A0$pts ex blah:booh

if it works, it generates a warning, not an error. you mean invoking a
single diret command generates an error, and the above sequence does
not. correct?

> Is it official AFS policy that this is supposed to work this way, and
> will continue to work this way in the future?

uh. i don't think there's an official AFS policy, period. if the
ptserver starts garbage-collecting orphaned groups, it will be
documented.