[OpenAFS] Cross compiling openafs modules in Debian stable works with 1.4.7 but fail with 1.4.11 or 1.4.12

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 03 May 2010 19:49:59 -0700

Jose Calhariz <jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt> writes:
> On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 07:05:04PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> It doesn't work because make libafs_tree only includes the files
>> required for the architecture one runs it on.  The OpenAFS Debian
>> packages switched from a full copy of the source tree to using
>> libafs_tree in that time frame.  I haven't had a chance to try to fix
>> it yet.  If someone else beat me to it, I definitely wouldn't complain.

> How hard is to fix the Debian packages?  I can try to fix it.

It's not the Debian packages.  It's a general bug in the libafs_tree
target in OpenAFS.  It needs to copy over more of the configure machinery
than it does, such as not copying over the pre-generated param.h and
instead copying over the machinery to generate it.

Unfortunately, figuring out exactly what's broken and what additional bits
need to be copied over and built in a libafs build is a fair chunk of the
work that needs to be done.  It's probably not that hard, but it's a bit
tedious.  It's more than four hours of work, I think.