[OpenAFS] Problems getting tickets on logon

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Tue, 4 May 2010 17:37:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying.

I think what Justin is trying to do is log into a PC in an AD domain (using
a local or domain account), obtain krb5 tickets in an MIT realm, get
tokens in an AFS cell (afs/cell@MIT.REALM), and optionally get tokens in
a second AFS cell (afs@MIT.REALM).

The principal names match. The passwords match. He has this working on a
test machine in a test AD domain, but replicating it on a machine in a
different AD domain is failing.

I'm under the impression, perhaps mistaken(?), that a tgt in NIM is
necessary for NIM to renew tickets and AFS tokens past the default
lifetime.