[OpenAFS] AFS evaluation

Rick Cochran rcc2@cornell.edu
Fri, 14 May 2010 18:22:17 -0400

Addressing this issue separately:

Derrick and Andrew are undoubtedly correct - /usr/vice/etc/krb.conf is
not used.

/usr/afs/etc/krb.conf works as described in the URL below.  It was
necessary for us since our cell name does not correspond to our Kerberos
realm.

Oddly, we could not get authentication to work properly until we added
the /usr/vice/etc/krb.conf file.  I think this comes under the category
of "I scratched my nose and it broke, so I wiggled my ears and it
started working."

-Rick