[OpenAFS] AFS evaluation - Leopard client

Rick Cochran rcc2@cornell.edu
Fri, 14 May 2010 18:39:15 -0400

Derrick,

Thanks for your quick response.  Nice to be back in touch after my long
AFS absence.

On 05/14/2010 05:30 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Rick Cochran <rcc2@cornell.edu> wrote:
>> MacOS client (both 1.4.12 and 1.5.73)
>>
>>    * There is no uninstaller.
>
> there's one in the dmg, and has been since about 1.4.6

Duh.  No wonder I couldn't find it!

>>    * If the installation requires a restart (which it says it does),
>
> it doesn't require one. recent installers should also not say it does.

Missed that.  But which versions should I be using - the maintenance
releases which say "RECOMMENDED", or the features releases?

>> Kernel panic
>>
>> To reproduce:
>>
>>   1. In the System Preferences OpenAfs panel, click Shutdown.  Nothing
>> happens.
>>   2. Any additional action (click Shutdown again or restart MacOS) causes a
>> panic.
>
> fixed in 1.5.74. you want  that or 1.5.74.1 anyway. not 1.5.73, to be sure.
>
> Many more details on the mac client here:
> http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2010-February/001270.html

http://openafs.org/macos.html shows different versions of the AFS client
for different versions of MacOS.  How does a fix in 1.5.74.1 (for Snow
Leopard) help me with a problem in Leopard?

-Rick